Just keep in mind that chicken and turkey sausages may have less fat than other sausages and using alternatives may change the nutritional composition of the recipe.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 cup chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 small chilli or 1 tsp. chilli paste
- Cracked Pepper for seasoning
- 4 chicken or turkey sausages, casing removed, chopped into chunks (less than 18% fat)
- 1 large red capsicum sliced (bell peppers)
- 1 large green capsicum sliced (bell peppers)
- 4 cups dried penne
- Cook penne as per instructions, under cook so still with bite. Drain and set aside until ready.
- In a large non- stick frypan, heat oil and cook onion for 5 mins, then add the sliced capsicums. Cook for a further 5 mins. Place on a plate.
- Now cook the sausage chunks, keeping separated. Doesn’t have to be cooked all the way through just as long as you have seared on all sides. This should take approx. 4 mins.
- Now add the onions and capsicum back to the pan with the sausage. Add the crushed garlic, stirfrying so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Now add the canned tomatoes, chicken stock, sugar, cumin, Cajun seasoning, pepper and chilli. Simmer for 5 mins. Taste, if more cumin or chilli needed add some more.
- Now add the tomato paste to thicken the sauce, simmer a further 5 mins. Season with cracked pepper.
- Now run your penne under water to separate. Add to pan. Simmer, stirring for 5 mins until penne has heated and incorporated with sauce.
- Serve on large platter, with a large salad. Option to grate fresh parmesan cheese over to serve.
Servings: 6 Serving size:422g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2010 kJ||477 kJ|
|480 Cal||114 Cal|
|Protein||18.3 g||4.4 g|
|Fat, total||17.0 g||4.0 g|
|- Saturated||5.0 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||58.6 g||13.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.7 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||481 mg||114 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.