This Chargrilled Vegetable Lasange recipe is a great way to get lots of vegetables into your diet.
You can prepare everything up to the baking point the day before if you are having a dinner party or after work. Just take out of fridge and place into oven (make sure your cookware is fridge to oven compatible) and bake for the required time.
- 1 pkt. (375g) fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- Cracked pepper
- 2 cups passata (pure tomato bottled sauce)
- 1 cup reduced fat tasty cheese
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 3 zucchinis, skin on, sliced length ways
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced (not diced)
- ¼ (500g) Pumpkin sliced, large pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced
- 1 large tub (500g) Ricotta
- ½ tube Basil Paste (in the fresh veg fridge section) or use bunch of fresh basil chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese grated
- In a large bowl place ricotta, basil, egg and parmesan cheese and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan on high for a few minutes.
- Place sliced pumpkin, sweet potato and zucchinis in a large bowl, in stages, and spray with canola spray evenly (or you can drizzle oil in bowl and coat).
- Layout on your BBQ and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. This will give a lovely charcoal flavour. When cooked take off heat and lay on a plate flat, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- In a non-stick fry pan heat 1 teaspoon olive oil, on med heat stir fry the onions and capsicums for 8 10 mins. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar so it caramelizes. cook for a further 3 mins. Take off heat.
- Now you will need a lasagne dish, we used an approx. 3 litre dish (3 quart) oblong which will give you 8 serves.
- Pour 2 cups of passata onto base. Sprinkle onto the passata teaspoon mixed herbs, garlic powder and cracked pepper. Pour over this 1 cup cold water, stir with fork.
- Layer lasagne sheet on top of this passata mixture.
- Lay on the sheets your pumpkin evenly;spread the onion and capsicum over this. Season with some salt and pepper to your taste.
- Lay another set of lasagne sheets ontop and pour ½ ricotta mixture over and spread with spoon evenly. Lay another sheet on top.
- Place remaining vegetables left over sweet potato, zucchini, mushroomsand lay out evenly. Place remaining sheets of lasagne on top.
- Now spread evenly the remaining ricotta mixture and low fat cheese.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 mins depending on oven. You will know when it is cooked by placing a knife into the centre and it goes through easily.
- Serve with a Mediterranean Salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1780 kJ||339 kJ|
|425 Cal||81 Cal|
|Protein||18.9 g||3.6 g|
|Fat, total||15.1 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||6.6 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||48.1 g||9.2 g|
|- Sugars||17.3 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||614 mg||117 mg|