You have the option to serve with 100g of cooked rice (not included in the nutritionals) per person which will add about 80 calories to the count.
Another option if you like a thicker sauce is to add at the last minute 2 tsp. cornflour mixed in with ¼ cup cold water and add to the stir fry. This will thicken the sauce and give it a lovely sheen.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large chicken breast (300g)
- 60g pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. mirin or rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock, salt reduced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 100g broccoli cut into florets
- ¼ onion cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, crushed
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, light
- 100g per person cooked rice (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan or wok and saute onion and capsicum for a couple of minutes.
- Turn heat up and add chicken stir frying until chicken has seared. Add broccoli, carrots, stock, ginger, and garlic cooking a further couple of minutes on high heat.
- Now add pineapple, juice, sugar, soy and mirin. Turn heat down, simmer for a couple of minutes until all cooked.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1780 kJ||392 kJ|
|425 Cal||94 Cal|
|Protein||50.4 g||11.1 g|
|Fat, total||11.4 g||2.5 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.0 g||5.5 g|
|- Sugars||20.8 g||4.6 g|
|Sodium||889 mg||196 mg|