The chicken curry mixture won't take long to cook so it makes a great after work dinner. Serve with steamed vegetables and you have a nutritious dinner..
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped or shredded (we uesda BBQ Chicken)
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas & corn
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 sheets Puff Pastry (canola, not made with butter)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Shred your BBQ chicken and set aside, otherwise cook 2 chicken breasts and dice.
- Heat a pot with olive oil and saute leek and onion slowly for 10 mins, don't burn.
- Add capsicum and carrot and saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Make sure heat is down very low and stir in the curry powder. Make sure you scrape the bottom of the pan so you dont burn the powder. Add a little water scraping the bottom of the pan making sure the curry doesn't stick. Add garlic and cook a further minute.
- Add the rest of the water stirring consistently as it thickens.
- Add chicken and peas and corn, let simmer for a few minutes. Stir in the cornflour mixture, this will thicken the liquid.
- Place ramekins on oven tray and fill them with the curry mixture, only ¾ full.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares and place a square on top of each ramekin. Dont worry if it overhangs, just press on the edge around the pie. Dip a pastry brush in some cold milk and coat the top of pastry with the milk, this will give the pie a nice gloss when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for around 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Remember you are only cooking the pastry as the rest of the ingredients have already been cooked.
- Bon appetite.
Servings: 6 Serving size:346g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1330 kJ||385 kJ|
|318 Cal||92 Cal|
|Protein||30.1 g||8.7 g|
|Fat, total||9.3 g||2.7 g|
|- Saturated||2.5 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||25.5 g||7.4 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g||1.5 g|
|Sodium||58 mg||17 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.