We've used regular chicken stock in this recipe, but believe that salt reduced chicken stock would be a better choice for those watching their salt intake.
- 1 chicken breast, skin removed, diced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp capsicum strips from jar
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato, drained on paper towel
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 50g feta
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ lemon rind zested
- 1 tsp. each oregano &marjoram
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50g fresh parmesan cheese
- Cracked Pepper
- Heat stock in a pot until simmering, turn heat down to low.
- In a frypan heat olive oil and sauté onion on med heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Once softened, add dried rice, stirring. Add one ladle of simmering stock. Keep stirring until liquid has been absorbed. Add another ladle, then add herbs, garlic, pepper, and stir until liquid absorbed.
- Now add another ladle and mushrooms, and keep stirring.
- Again another ladle, sundried tomatoes, chicken and season with a little more cracked pepper.
- Another ladle, chicken should be half cooked by now, add capsicum strips. Simmer and stir until liquid absorbed. Season a little more cracked pepper and add another ladle of stock. Add lemon zest.
- You may not need the entire stock, test a grain to see if cooked. If not repeat process until cooked. Once rice and chicken cooked, add parmesan and crumbled feta.
- Serve immediately. Any left overs can be reheated in microwave, just add a tiny bit of water before reheating.
Servings: 4 Serving size:610g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1860 kJ||305 kJ|
|444 Cal||73 Cal|
|Protein||31.2 g||5.1 g|
|Fat, total||13.3 g||2.2 g|
|- Saturated||5.6 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||46.5 g||7.6 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g||1.0 g|
|Sodium||385 mg||63 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.