Pork is a great meal ingredient for losing weight, because it's high in protein and low in fat. If you don't like pork then chicken is a great substitue for this dish.
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, low sodium, high protein.
- 300g pork fillet (tenderloin), sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ½ pkt (125g) rice noodles
- Orange zested
- 1 tsp. cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 bunch bok choy (or spinach)
- Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
- ¼ red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ orange (cut into segments with peel and pith removed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed ginger
- 1 orange freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. chilli paste
- Place all ingredients into a non-metallic bowl, mix and add sliced pork. Cover and place in fridge.
- Boil kettle, place noodles in a large bowl and pour boiled water over and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok or large non-stick frypan, heat sesame oil and stir fry onion and capsicum for 5 mins. Add pork without the marinade (set this aside for later use) and stir fry for 2 mins. Take onion and pork and set on a plate.
- Wipe pan with paper towel and add broccoli, carrot and with ½ cup water, place lid on top and cook for 3-4 mins until softened. Take off lid.
- Add onion & pork back to pan, with marinade, bok choy, and cornflour mixture. Stir.
- Then add the noodles and incorporate all together.
- Add orange zest and segments, gently stir in and sprinkle some sesame seeds over top.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:582g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1890 kJ||325 kJ|
|451 Cal||78 Cal|
|Protein||50.6 g||8.7 g|
|Fat, total||6.6 g||1.1 g|
|- Saturated||1.7 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||41.2 g||7.1 g|
|- Sugars||24.2 g||4.2 g|
|Sodium||669 mg||115 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.