This tasty Dijon Chicken Pie recipe can be made into one large pie or two individual pies.
- 1 chicken breast, no skin, diced
- 1 onion or leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. seeded mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 slices short cut bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp. either rosemary or thyme, dried
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cornflour, mixed in ¼ cup cold water in a cup
- S & P to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry, reduced fat
- Preheat oven 190C Fan Bake (374F)
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil on med heat. Cook onion for 5 mins, keep translucent no colour. Add bacon and cook until bacon has coloured. Add carrot, cook 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds then add white wine, this will now cook for a further 2 minutes until the alcohol has cooked out.
- Add stock, thyme, Dijon mustard, sugar and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Now add cornflour mixed with water, this will thicken your sauce, however you might need to add more stock or water if it reduces too much, keep an eye on it. Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add mixture to pie dish (or you can use smaller ramekins for individual serves).
- Place pastry on top, pressing down around the dish with your fingers, brush the top with a little egg wash or milk.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until the pastry has puffed up.
Servings: 2 Serving size:631g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2360 kJ||374 kJ|
|564 Cal||89 Cal|
|Protein||51.9 g||8.2 g|
|Fat, total||21.2 g||3.4 g|
|- Saturated||6.4 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||30.5 g||4.8 g|
|- Sugars||14.0 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||725 mg||115 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.