Fish Chowder Recipe
There are many versions of chowder including corn chowder and seafood chowder. Chowder is a thick soup, with many including cream and are heavy as a result.
Our version is light and low fat, and using your favourite fish makes it a great winter warmer.
One serve of this recipe represents 21% of the recommended daily energy intake of an average person.
This recipe is a low fat, low sugar and a good source of protein.
Energy per 100g:
302kJ - 72Cal
Fat per 100g:
This recipe serves 4.
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 short cut bacon slices, diced (aka Canadian bacon)
- 3 teaspoons cornflour mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups fish stock
- 400g Firm White Fish, cut into large chunks
- Squeeze juice 1 lemon
- ½ cup corn
- Cracked pepper
- 2 tbls olive oil
- In a large pot heat ½ oil and cook bacon for 4mins. Add remaining oil and leeks, turn down heat to med and sauté leeks for 5-8 mins. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Place your potatoes and corn into pot with stock and milk, turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 mins or until potatoes are nearly cooked. Season with cracked pepper.
- Now add the fish and lemon juice, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with cornflour and water mixture, should thicken in 1 minute, and continue to stir.
- Serve immediately with a slice of crusty bread and garnish with chives.
Recipe Nutrition Panel:
Average 100 g
If you like this recipe, you may also like these healthy dinner recipes:
FIND THIS RECIPE IN OUR FAVOURITE SOUPS RECIPE BOOK.
Our Favourite Soups recipe book features some of our most popular soup recipes. Save this recipe book on your computer or tablet, or print it for those times when you need some inspiration.
You can purchase this recipe book for only A$2.00 and payments can be made via PayPal or by credit card.
To get your very own copy of Our Favourite Soups Recipe book or view the other healthy recipe books and diet books we have in our range, visit our Recipe Books page or Diet Books page.
We'd love to know what you think of this recipe.
Please email your feedback to [email protected]
© Copyright Ultimate Weightloss.
This article is monitored by Copyscape© - any unauthorised copy of this material, including images, will be detected.
Reproduction of this recipe and its images for publication without permission is illegal. For permission to reproduce this recipe and use related images, contact [email protected]