As well as being delicious, this mix is low in fat, high in fibre and because they’re low GI, keep you feeling full for longer.
This could be described as the perfect weight loss dish because it's low in fat, sodium and sugar, and is high in protein.
This recipe is low in fat and is a good source of protein.
- 300g fillet or porterhouse steak
- 1 tbps. olive oil
- 2 garlic, crushed
- ½ onion finely sliced
- 4 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 can four bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 capsicum, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- Sprinkle of italian herbs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cous cous, cooked as per instructions
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pot on med heat. Saute onion and capsicum until softened, approx. 5 mins.Add garlic and beef and saute until browned.
- Add diced carrot, cook until softened, you might need to add a little water.
- Add mushrooms and dried herbs and cook for further two minutes until slightly softened.
- Drain and rinse four bean mix and add to pot. Then add the chopped tomatoes and parsley, season with S & P.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until meat has softened.
- Serve with cous cous. Garnish with parsley.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1730 kJ||356 kJ|
|413 Cal||85 Cal|
|Protein||41.6 g||8.6 g|
|Fat, total||15.4 g||3.2 g|
|- Saturated||3.5 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||22.9 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||327 mg||67 mg|