This is a great dish to have when friends drop around, they will be impressed. If you love garlic please add more.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar and is a good source of protein.
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 500g raw prawns, deveined and shelled
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 6 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 50g Baby Spinach Leaves (a big handful)
- Sprinkle of dried thyme
- S & P to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. crumbles feta
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Place stock in a med pot and simmer on the stove until ready.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan, med heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 mins until becomes translucent. Add rice and coat with onion for 1 min. Add wine and stir until wine has been absorbed.
- Now add a ladle of your simmering stock into the pan and stir. This will be absorbed in 1-2 mins and keep repeating the process for approximately 4 more ladles.
- Add sprinkle of thyme and crushed garlic. Stir. Add 2 more ladles, one at a time. When this has been absorbed, taste the rice and if cooked add the prawns into pan. They will start to turn opaque after 5 mins, do not overcook.Add spinach, this will wilt in a couple of minutes.
- Taste the dish, season with S & P. Add parmesan cheese and feta.
- Serve with a side salad..
Servings: 4 Serving size:647g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1370 kJ||212 kJ|
|327 Cal||51 Cal|
|Protein||33 g||5.1 g|
|Fat, total||7.4 g||1.1 g|
|- Saturated||2.6 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.2 g||4.4 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g||0.7 g|
|Sodium||601 mg||93 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.