This dish is warm, homely and very tasty, not to mention very nutritious.
- 700g (1.5lb) diced lamb for casserole
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 onions diced
- 3 carrots, chopped into chunks
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp. Worcecshire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano & 1tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste, no added salt
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup feta, (50g / 1.7oz)
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- Preheat oven to 160C (320F).
- In a pot heat olive oil and sauté onion, capsicum for 10 mins. Take off heat and place in a oven proof dish with lid.
- Place diced lamb into dish and coat with flour. Heat same pan and brown meat in 2 batches, around 4 mins each batch, stirring. Take off heat and place with the onion.
- Add to the dish, Worcecshire sauce, wine, garlic, herbs, vinegar, tomato paste, stir in and season with S & P. Put lid on and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2 hour mark, place carrots and olives and cook a further 30 mins.
- Take out of oven, crumble feta on top. Place sliced potato on top of dish, quick spray of olive oil spray. Cook without lid for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
Servings: 6 Serving size:565g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2000 kJ||354 kJ|
|478 Cal||85 Cal|
|Protein||44.5 g||7.9 g|
|Fat, total||15.9 g||2.8 g|
|- Saturated||5.2 g||0.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.2 g||5.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||351 mg||62 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.