We've served the chicken on a bed of fettuccini pasta, but this dish is so versatile you can serve it with almost anything, including steamed vegetables, brown fried rice or mash potato.
- 200g Fettuccine
- 8 Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Chicken Breasts, pound with mallet between cling film so even thickness
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or 1 anchovy)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock salt reduced
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (aka cornstarch) mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- Pepper for seasoning
- Cook the Sauce First. In a non-stick frypan, spray with a little olive oil spray the pan, on med heat cook the onions for 5 mins until softened. Now add the garlic and stir, then add the red wine and cook until almost no liquid. Then add the water and mushrooms and simmer for 2 minutes. Now add the Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and parsley then season with pepper. Simmer for a couple of minutes and then add the cornflour mixed with water, this will now thicken.
- Cook your fettuccine as per instructions.
- Steam your broccoli.
- Now spray the chicken with olive oil spray and grill on a BBQ or griddle pan, this should take around 10 mins.
- Once chicken is cooked take off heat and rest for 1 minute. Then slice into 6 slices, across the width.
- Serve with chicken on top of fettuccine and drizzle the sauce over and place broccoli on side.
Servings: 2 Serving size:688g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2680 kJ||390 kJ|
|640 Cal||93 Cal|
|Protein||71.9 g||10.4 g|
|Fat, total||16.2 g||2.4 g|
|- Saturated||5.1 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||38.2 g||5.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g||1.4 g|
|Sodium||802 mg||116 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.