We've used barramundi fillets in this recipe, but you can use any firm white fish you like, but try and keep the skin on. We grilled the fish initially but finished it off in the oven to keep the fish succulent.
- 2 x 150g Firm White Fish Fillets, (Barramundi or Snapper)
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Basil Leaves or 1 tsp. Basil Paste
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Light n Creamy Evaporative Milk
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 can white beans (cannelloni), drained and rinsed
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- S&P to taste
- 1 tsp. cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water in a cup
- Preheat Oven 200C (400F).
- Line a baking dish or tray with baking paper and place cherry tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves. Drizzle a tsp. olive oil over and bake for 20-30 mins until cooked. Take out and set aside.
- Meanwhile place rinsed white beans in a processer with an extra clove garlic, sour cream, lemon and season with S&P. Blend until smooth. Taste, add more lemon or garlic to taste. Once you are happy with it place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan, add olive oil and cook fish on 1 side for 2 minutes then turn and grill for 1 more minute. Then place on a tray lined with baking paper, cover with foil and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of fish.
- While fish is cooking take your baked tomatoes and garlic out of oven. Place half the tomatoes in a blender (or you can use stick processer) with lemon juice, basil leaves, milk. Peel skin off garlic, squeeze with other ingredients. Now blend until all smooth. Taste; add more lemon if needed and season with S&P. Place in a small pot and heat on stove on low. Once warmed, add cornflour mixture and stir, this should thicken. If you like a thin sauce then omit the cornflour step.
- Check to see if fish is cooked. Take out of oven.
- Set up 2 plates, divide Puree onto plates. If you want you can warm this first in microwave. Place Fish on top then drizzle sauce over and place remaining cooked cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with a little side salad or steamed vegetables.
Servings: 2 Serving size:527g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2330 kJ||443 kJ|
|557 Cal||106 Cal|
|Protein||59.1 g||11.2 g|
|Fat, total||16.0 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||5.2 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||36.6 g||7.0 g|
|- Sugars||21.0 g||4.0 g|
|Sodium||580 mg||110 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.