This grilled vegetable stack is a very quick and easy light meal, perfect if you have had a large lunch or just feel like something small. Feel free to use any other vegetables in the stack including capsicum, sweet potato or zucchini as they tend to grill very well also.
- 200g 4-6 slices pumpkin sliced thinly.
- 1 tbsp. Cooking spray
- 2 tomatoes,each sliced in 3 slices for grilling
- 1 onion, sliced into full rings
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle.
- 1 tbsp. tomato chutney (or tzatziki works as well)
- 4 large slices bread
- Heat large griddle plateBBq or pan over high heat. Spray pumpkin with cooking spray and grill each side until cooked, turn heat to med if too hot. If you do not have a griddle plate a sandwich press can be used to grill the vegetables.
- Take pumpkin off and set aside. Grill the onions and tomatoes each side until golden brown. Take off drizzle with a splash of balsamic vinegar then grill bread.
- Now assemble into sandwich, with sliced avocado, chutney or relish and slice in half.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1590 kJ||556 kJ|
|380 Cal||133 Cal|
|Energy||380 Cal||133 Cal|
|91 Cal||32 Cal|
|Protein||12.9 g||4.5 g|
|Fat, total||10.8 g||3.8 g|
|- Saturated||1.8 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||53.2 g||18.6 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||438 mg||153 mg|