You donât have to serve these with pasta, you can serve with mashed potato, polenta or even brown rice.
We have taken a shortcut by using pasta sauce from a jar (Paul Newmanâs), however you can make your own with canned tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs.
Serve with a small side salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
- 500g chicken mince, lean
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried herbs
- 2 tsp. fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 jar bottled pasta sauce (we used Paul Newman’s)
- 1 slice multigrain bread, processed into crumbs
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Cooking spray
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken mince in a large mixing bowl.Â Season with salt and pepper then add garlic, Dijon mustard, parsley, herbs, cheese and mix.Â
- Place your slice of bread in a processer and blend until consistency of bread crumbs then add to chicken mixture.
- With your hands mix until all combined and roll into meatballs.
- Heat a non-stick frypan, spray with a little cooking spray and cook chicken for 5 mins on med heat, turn over and cook other side.Â Then add the pasta sauce and simmer with lid on for 10 mins.Â Turn meatballs around in sauce half way through simmering.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to the boil and cook pasta.Â Drain and divide onto plates.
- When meatballs are cooked serve with pasta.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2240 kJ||492 kJ|
|535 Cal||118 Cal|
|Protein||43.2 g||9.5 g|
|Fat, total||17.1 g||3.8 g|
|- Saturated||5.0 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||49.8 g||10.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||1060 mg||232 mg|