Salmon isn't low in total fat but is low in saturated fat. The Omega-3 fatty acids found in Salmon are polyunsaturated fats that help protect against heart disease, and promote healthy skin and joints.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, low in sugar and a good source of protein.
- 300g salmon fillets (2 x small salmon fillets)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. mirin
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger crushed
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked as per instructions
- 100g asparagus
- 1/4 capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Cook Brown Rice as per instructions.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, garlic, ginger and honey together in a small jar and shake. Place salmon fillets in bowl pour over marinade and marinate for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut ends of asparagus spears and blanch in boiling water, refresh in cold water. Remove from water, wipe moisture off and spray with Olive Oil Cooking Spray. Cook over medium heat in small pan, to heat through. Add capsicum and cook a further 2 minutes, set aside.
- Preheat large non stick frying pan over medium heat and cook salmon 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with asparagus and capsicum with side of brown rice.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2400 kJ||776 kJ|
|573 Cal||185 Cal|
|Protein||47.6 g||15.4 g|
|Fat, total||20.3 g||6.6 g|
|- Saturated||5.2 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||47.9 g||15.5 g|
|- Sugars||8.2 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||504 mg||163 mg|