You can substitute the tomatoes on the skewers with button mushrooms, which work just as well and add extra protein and other essential nutrients.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, sugar and sodium, is gluten free and a good source of protein.
- 300g Lamb Fillet/Back Straps
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 150g 2 cups Pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 50g (½ small bag) spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. good quality feta, crumbled or cut into small pieces
- 1 splash balsamic vinegar
- Sprinkle rosemary
- S & P to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for 30 mins.
- Cut pumpkin into chunks, place in bowl and drizzle a little olive oil & rosemary, mix around until all coated.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20-25 mins until cooked. Take out, season with S&P and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, place cooled pumpkin, spinach, avocado, butter beans then crumble feta over. Splash a little balsamic vinegar over salad.
- Slice the lamb into chunks thick enough to skewer. Skewer lamb then tomato then lamb, keep going with more skewers until finished.
- Spray with a little olive oil spray and a sprinkle of rosemary. Heat griddle pan or BBQ on high. Cook for 2 mins each side, do not overcook as they should be slightly pink in the middle.
- Serve on top of salad, with a splash more of balsamic vinegar on top.
Servings: 2 Serving size:395g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1910 kJ||485 kJ|
|456 Cal||116 Cal|
|Protein||49.1 g||12.4 g|
|Fat, total||21.5 g||5.4 g|
|- Saturated||6.2 g||1.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||15.9 g||4.0 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||356 mg||90 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.