Because this recipe makes a great accompaniment to grilled chicken or steak, you can use any leftovers as a side to the next nights dinner.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, sodium and sugar, and is a good source of protein.
- 3 zucchinis sliced, (aka courgettes)
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup low fat tasty cheese
- 2 cups penne
- 4 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 small tub low fat ricotta cheese, (250g/9oz)
- 1 cup light & creamy evaporative milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh parmesan cheese
- S & P for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Boil a pot of water and cook penne as per instructions but don’t overcook. You want to only ¾ cook as it will cook in oven further.
- In a large non-stick fry pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté leek and zucchinis. It will take a while for the zucchini to cook but you need to reduce down to 1/3 of volume, approx. 15-20 mins.
- Once reduced down add the crushed garlic and sauté a further 2 mins, now season with salt and pepper to taste, we love a lot of cracked pepper.
- Place this mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add penne, dill, basil, ricotta cheese, milk, parmesan cheese. Stir to so all ingredients are combined.
- Place in an oven proof dish, top with tasty cheese and bake for 20 mins in oven, check to see if bubbling, may need an extra 5 mins.
- Serve with a fresh side salad.
Servings: 4 Serving size:496g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2030 kJ||408 kJ|
|485 Cal||97 Cal|
|Protein||28.6 g||5.8 g|
|Fat, total||19.5 g||3.9 g|
|- Saturated||7.4 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||43.2 g||8.7 g|
|- Sugars||16.6 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||419 mg||85 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.