This recipe is low sugar, low fat, and a good source of protein.
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup dried red lentils, washed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- ¼ cup corn
- 1 tbsp. Worcecshire sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- Sprinkle of herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary)
- 20g feta
- 2 potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat a pot with olive oil and sauté the onion on low-med heat for about 10 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and celery and continue to cook on low heat. Add garlic then a splash of Worcecshire sauce with some herbs, continue cooking a few more minutes. Add a splash of water if needed.
- Add lentils and canned tomatoes, stock and if needed extra water, simmering until lentils have cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and season with salt and pepper, taste and see if you need more seasoning or herbs. If mixture is a little dry add some more stock or water.
- Set up 6 ramekins or single serve oven dishes dividing mixture into each. Crumble a little feta onto top of each then place a couple of slices potato on top. Spray a little cooking spray over the potato (this is optional) to brown and bake in oven 20-30 minutes or until potato has cooked.
Servings: 6 Serving size:315g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||946 kJ||300 kJ|
|226 Cal||72 Cal|
|Protein||12.3 g||3.9 g|
|Fat, total||4.2 g||1.3 g|
|- saturated||1.1 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.8 g||9.1 g|
|- sugars||8.5 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||452 mg||144 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.