Lean pork is a great source of protein and a 100g portion of pork provides around half of the protein we need per day.
This recipe is low fat, a good source of protein and is almost low sodium.
- 500g Low Fat Pork Mince
- 2 large onions diced
- ½ cup wine (white or red)
- 250g Beef Stock salt reduced
- 2 x 400g canned tomatoes diced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon marjoram dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 300g Dried Lasagne Sheets
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 500g Low Fat Milk, heated for 1 min in microwave
- 2 tablespoons 80% Reduced Fat Dairy Spread (we used Devondale)
- 150g Low Fat Grated Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 180C.
- Heat Olive Oil in large sauce pan and add onions. Sauté on low heat until softened, around 10-15 mins.
- Add mince to onions and brown, breaking up with your wooden spoon as you keep stirring.
- Once browned add some pepper, wine, herbs, garlic and stock.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, sugar and garlic and simmer on low heat for around 30 mins, dont forget to stir occasionally.
- For the Cheese Sauce, place reduced fat dairy spread in a saucepan on low heat. Add flour, pepper and stir to make a roux (for around 1-2 mins).
- Add warmed milk slowly whilst stirring (with a whisk) and keep stirring until thickened. Once you can see it thickening add cheese (dont stop stirring otherwise it will go very lumpy). Take off heat.
- Grab your favourite lasagne dish and start with the meat sauce on the bottom then keep layering with pasta, meat, pasta, white sauce, pasta meat, white sauce etc.
- Bake in oven for around 1 hour on 180C or until you place knife into middle easily.
- Cut this into 12 squares for portion control.
- Serve with salad.
Servings: 12 Serving size:265g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1110 kJ||419 kJ|
|265 Cal||100 Cal|
|Protein||17.9 g||6.8 g|
|Fat, total||7.1 g||2.7 g|
|- Saturated||2.9 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.8 g||10.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.8 g||3.3 g|
|Sodium||330 mg||124 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.