We have combined the goodness of onion, capsicum, a touch of cheese and 2 types of mustards to make these really tasty.
These are perfect for lunch served with a side salad or as a party starter. Even as a snack one of these has less calories than a biscuit and loads more nutrition.
This recipe is low in sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup roasted capsicum strips in jar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. seeded mustard
- 2 tbsp. grated low fat cheese
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sheets 25% reduced fat pastry
- S & P to taste
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350F)
- In a small nonstick frypan saute the sliced onion for 5-10 mins, adding halfway a couple tbsp. of water so onions can simmer to become soft. Set aside.
- Spray with cooking spray 1 x 12 hole patty tin.
- In a mixing bowl mix together eggs, milk, dijon and seeded mustards, and season with S&P.
- Layout frozen pastry on bench, wait 10 mins to defrost then with a glass press out the round pastry bases. Place in patty tin.
- On base place a tiny but of onion in the base of each pastry.
- Then place a little bit of capsicum strip....don't overfill.
- Then a tiny sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into a jug to make it easy and pour into pastry cups not full to brim as it will overflow.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until egg is set.
- Serve immediately with green salad and crusty bread of your choice.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||248 kJ||608 kJ|
|59 Cal||145 Cal|
|Protein||3.2 g||7.9 g|
|Fat, total||2.6 g||6.5 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||2.9 g|
|Carbohydrate||5.3 g||13.1 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||52 mg||129 mg|