Served with couscous or rice, this dish is perfect for a healthy winter dinner for the family, or for two with leftovers for lunch the next day.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, low sodium and a good source of protein.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 can tinned crushed or diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 kg (2.2lbs.) chuck steak, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. chili paste
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 6-8 dates chopped
- 2 cups water
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- 300g chopped pumpkin
- We used a slow cooker however you can use a pot on the stove then transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Heat pan with ½ of the olive oil and in 2 batches brown the beef. Take out and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil, and sauté the onions for 10 mins until softened. Add crushed garlic, chilli paste and all the spices and stir until aroma is released, around 30 sec. Then add beef back to pot and stir until spices all have coated meat.
- Now add water and tinned tomatoes, season with pepper and drained chickpeas and simmer on very low heat for 1.5-2 hours, (or place in oven on 150C). Keep checking every 45 mins and give a stir.
- After 1.5 hours add pumpkin and dates, taste sauce and if you need any extra seasoning or spices add a sprinkle more at this stage.
- Simmer a further hour or until pumpkin has cooked.
- Serve with couscous or rice. Option to drizzle Greek yoghurt on top.
Servings: 6 Serving size:477g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2320 kJ||486 kJ|
|554 Cal||116 Cal|
|Protein||50.8 g||10.6 g|
|Fat, total||25.0 g||5.2 g|
|- Saturated||7.2 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||26.1 g||5.5 g|
|- Sugars||14.0 g||2.9 g|
|Sodium||303 mg||64 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.