Instead of couscous you can serve with quinoa, brown rice, or whatever you have on hand.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat, low sodium, and good source of protein.
- 4 large field or Portobello mushrooms, sliced chunky
- ½ onion, sliced chunky
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, sliced chunky
- Sprinkle of oregano
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup couscous
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- Boil your kettle with water. In a bowl add your couscous, hot water, season with salt and pepper. Place cling wrap over bowl and let sit for a couple of minutes until the water has been absorbed. Take off cling film and squeeze your lemon then fluff with fork, set aside.
- In a non-stick fry pan heat your olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and stir until cooked. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste, cooking a further minute or two until mushrooms have started to collapse. Now add garlic and tomato, sprinkle oregano over, drizzle your balsamic vinegar and vegetable stock. Check to see if you need more seasoning. Let simmer on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with your couscous.
Servings: 2 Serving size:348g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1210 kJ||347 kJ|
|289 Cal||83 Cal|
|Protein||13.2 g||3.8 g|
|Fat, total||7.9 g||2.3 g|
|- saturated||1.2 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.6 g||10.2 g|
|- sugars||6 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||92 mg||27 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.