You can use any bean you like such as red kidney beans, butter beans, we have use cannellini beans. We have also used short cut bacon with no fat however you can use pancetta if you prefer or for vegetarians please omit and use vegetable stock.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- Pinch of chilli or chilli paste (to your taste)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 sliced short cut bacon, no fat, diced
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped or diced
- ¾ cup small pasta (shells or macaroni)
- 3 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot heat 1 tsp. olive oil and cook bacon for a few minutes until browned. Using another tsp. of olive oil, add onion, continue to cook until softened.
- Use remaining olive oil and add carrot, celery, rosemary, then after a few minutes the garlic. Season with salt and pepper, and then chilli.
- Add tomatoes, stock, herbs, cannellini beans and bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Taste to see if enough garlic, chilli or herbs, add a little more to your taste.
- Add pasta and if you need more stock add at this stage. Simmer until pasta is cooked, finish off with spinach, this will wilt after a minute or two.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Servings: 4 Serving size:509g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1110 kJ||219 kJ|
|265 Cal||52 Cal|
|Protein||13 g||2.6 g|
|Fat, total||7.7 g||1.5 g|
|- saturated||2.3 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||30 g||5.9 g|
|- sugars||9 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||762 mg||150 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.