Pork is naturally low in fat and very high in protein so it's a great food choice for those of us wanting to lose weight. Pork is naturally low in sodium and contains mono-unsaturated fat, which is known to lower cholesterol, so it's also heart healthy.
This recipe serves 2 so if you are on your own, you have have the leftovers for next day as it keeps well.
This recipe is low fat, low sodium, low sugar and high protein.
- 1 pork fillet (approx. 300g)
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced finely
- 1/2 yellow capsicum diced finely
- 1 tomato diced finely
- 1 granny smith apple, core removed and diced finely
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Place the fillet slices into a bowl. Coat with the orange juice ginger and vegetable oil. Leave for about 10 -15 minutes in fridge.
- Heat BBQ or griddle pan until hot, add oil. Add the pork, cook over moderate heat approx 10-15 minutes turning every 5mins. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 -2 minutes on a plate, season with S&P and cover with foil.
- Put the capsicum, red onion and granny smith apple into a bowl. Place even amounts of rocket lettuce on 2 plates.
- Slice pork into 6 slices and place 3 slices on top of lettuce, with salsa on side and drizzle some of the yoghurt mixture on top.
- Serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1440 kJ||323 kJ|
|344 Cal||77 Cal|
|Protein||49.6 g||11.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.3 g||1.0 g|
|- Saturated||2.0 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||23.1 g||5.2 g|
|- Sugars||22.9 g||5.1 g|
|Sodium||119 mg||27 mg|