It has a clean and fresh taste which comes from the sage leaves and garlic, and the walnuts add texture and crunch.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, sugar and sodium and is a good source of protein.
- 400g Rigatoni Pasta (approx. 5 cups)
- ¼ (500g) pumpkin chopped into small bite size
- 100g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 8 mushrooms, chopped
- 40g butter, unsalted (approx. 4 tbsp.)
- 1 ¼ cup water from pasta, heated
- 1 tsp. vegetable stock powder or cube
- 4 spring onions, chopped (scallions)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 sage leaves
- 1 tsp. crushed walnuts
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Place pumpkin on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spray with a little olive oil spray. Bake for 20 mins or until cooked, don’t overcook. Take out of oven set aside.
- Meanwhile the pumpkin is cooking, cook your pasta as per instructions. Just before draining reserve 1 ¼ cups of the water, add stock cube or powder to water and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan with 1 tbsp. Olive oil. Sauté your mushrooms and spring onions until softened. Add butter, garlic, sage and continue to sauté.
- Now add the spinach leaves, they will take around 1 minute to collapse. Once this has happened add the pasta and mix so it has all incorporated.
- Now gently add pumpkin and crushed walnuts.
- Serve immediately. Option to add a little parmesan cheese if you like.
Servings: 4 Serving size:400g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1370 kJ||342 kJ|
|327 Cal||82 Cal|
|Protein||10.2 g||2.6 g|
|Fat, total||13.9 g||3.5 g|
|- Saturated||5.1 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.9 g||9.0 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||92 mg||23 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.