This dish has depth and even if the children dont like broccoli, substitute with peas and corn, cauliflower or even zucchini and mushrooms.
For the main ingredient, simply purchase a BBQ chicken on your way home and just shred the meat. We have also saved time by microwaving the potatoes then slicing instead of mashing them.
- 1 BBQ Chicken, Meat removed
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. seeded mustard
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ chorizo sliced (or 2 slices short cut bacon, diced)
- 1 can evaporative milk
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup reduced fat cheese
- 400g (4 x med) potatoes
- Peel (optional) potato then pierce each with a skewer a couple of times. Place on plate and microwave for 8-10 mins. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- In a non-stick fry pan sauté onions and chorizo on med heat for 5 mins or until cooked. Add broccoli and stir fry for another 3-4 mins. Turn off heat.
- In a jug or mixing bowl place evaporative milk, both mustards, and garlic, season with S&P, whisk with fork. Pour this into your small/med casserole dish.
- Now place the onion/chorizo/broccoli mixture into the dish then the chicken, spread evenly.
- Slice the potato and place on top of the mixture, season with a little salt then sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 30 mins. Garnish with a little parsley and serve immediately.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1780 kJ||467 kJ|
|425 Cal||112 Cal|
|Protein||49.5 g||13.0 g|
|Fat, total||9.2 g||2.4 g|
|- Saturated||4.0 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||32.2 g||8.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.8 g||4.2 g|
|Sodium||446 mg||117 mg|