This low fat Ricotta and Spinach Seashells Pasta recipe is surprisingly tasty.
The Seashells Pasta gives this dish a wonderful texture, and the shells act like individual parcels of flavour.
- 400g Large Sea Shell Pasta, available in delicatessens, official name Conchiglie
- 250g Spinach, frozen, defrosted
- 500g Ricotta
- 1 Egg
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 100g (1 Cup) Reduced Fat Sharp Tasty Cheese
- 1 tablespoon herbs, fresh basil torn if you have or any dried herbs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 Cups Passata (1.5 bottles)
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- In a large bowl mix in ricotta, spinach, egg, 2 cloves garlic, nutmeg, parmesan. Mix so fully incorporated.
- In a large lasagne baking dish we used oblong (34cmx22cm / 13inx8in) place 3 cups of the passata onto the base. Mix in 2 clove crushed garlic, sprinkle 1 teaspoon herbs, pepper and mix around with spoon.
- Now using a teaspoon place some of the ricotta mixture into each pasta shell, and place in the baking dish alongside each other, squeeze them in as they will cook and soften in the oven. Once all the shells have been placed into the dish, drizzle remaining passata over the shells.
- Grab a jug and fill with 2 cups of water, drizzle inside around the edge of the dish, going around gently pour the water as this will help cook the dry pasta.
- Now sprinkle on top the grated cheese, additional herbs if you like and bake for 1 hour in oven.
- Dish up 4 shells per serve, with a side salad.
Servings: 6 Serving size:562g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2160 kJ||384 kJ|
|516 Cal||92 Cal|
|Protein||28.6 g||5.1 g|
|Fat, total||13.9 g||2.5 g|
|- Saturated||8.0 g||1.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||61.3 g||10.9 g|
|- Sugars||12.9 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||863 mg||154 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.