The roasted vegetables in this dish have the most wonderful flavour, especially the roasted pumpkin.
- 1 Zucchini (courgette) diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup pumpkin diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- ½ cup white wine, dry
- 3 cups stock (we used chicken but veg is good)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan Bake (350F).
- Place your stock in a saucepan and heat, keep it simmering as you are cooking.
- In a large bowl place zucchini, tomatoes, pumpkin, capsicum, with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix so the oil coats lightly the veg.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place vegetables, spread out so cooks evenly and bake for 15 mins, turning once.
- Whilst this is cooking in a non-stick frypan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and on med heat cook onion for 8-10 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn or colour the onion, turn down heat if too hot. Once cooked add the rice, coating with the onion for 1 minute. Add wine; simmer until nearly all soaked in, stirring.
- Now add a ladle of stock, stirring the liquid in making sure you have the heat on med. Once the liquid has absorbed into the rice, add garlic and oregano. Keep stirring so the garlic quickly incorporates. Add another ladle of stock. Stir. Crack some (lots) pepper over the rice. Stir. Liquid should have been reduced so add another ladle of stock. Stir.
- Pull out your vegetables from the oven, check to see they are just cooked. Sprinkle a little salt over them all and add to the rice mixture. Add another ladle of stock. Gently stir.
- Check to see if your rice has cooked but has a touch of bite, you don’t want too soggy. If need some more cooking and stock do one more round, gently stirring as you don’t want to break up the vegetables.
- Once cooked, add your tablespoon parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:941g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1780 kJ||189 kJ|
|425 Cal||45 Cal|
|Protein||12.9 g||1.4 g|
|Fat, total||17.9 g||1.9 g|
|- Saturated||4.2 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||43.6 g||4.6 g|
|- Sugars||16.2 g||1.7 g|
|Sodium||137 mg||15 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.