In fact, it only takes around 30 minutes to cook, so makes a great mid-week dinner recipe.
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 120g pumpkin cubed
- 1 cup peas and corn
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle of dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ onion, sliced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup light and creamy evaporative milk
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- S&P to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Cut your pumpkin into bite sized cubes, place in a bowl, drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle of rosemary. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake around 20 minutes in oven or until cooked.
- Meanwhile roll out a sheet of baking paper, season with S&P and a sprinkle of rosemary, place chicken on top, again season the top with S&P and another sprinkle of rosemary. Place another sheet on top of the chicken and with a mallet or rolling pin hit the chicken until it is all the same thickness. When you are happy with the size, take off top sheet of paper and spray with a little cooking spray.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frypan with a little spray of cooking spray and place the chicken oiled side down first. Cook chicken for appro 4 minutes and turn over and cook a further 4-5 minutes. Cooking time depends on thickness of chicken; it is cooked when firm to touch. When cooked take off, place on a plate, cover with foil and rest for 5 mins.
- Place peas and corn in a bowl covered with water and microwave for 5 mins. Drain when ready to plate up.
- Meanwhile the chicken is cooking, in a small non-stick frypan sauté onion on med heat approx 5 minutes. Add garlic and butter, cook 1 minute, and then heated stock. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add milk, tarragon leaves, season with S&P and simmer on low heat for a couple of minutes. After 5 mins, add lemon juice, and cornflour mixture, simmer a further minute until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Take out your pumpkin from oven, place on plates, drain peas and corn and also place on plate. Take out chicken from resting and place on top of pumpkin.
- Pour sauce on chicken and serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:605g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2230 kJ||369 kJ|
|533 Cal||88 Cal|
|Protein||60 g||9.9 g|
|Fat, total||14.8 g||2.4 g|
|- Saturated||7 g||1.2 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.8 g||5.9 g|
|- Sugars||25.1 g||4.2 g|
|Sodium||274 mg||45 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.