Salmon is a very good weight loss diet food because it is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D. Although not technically a low fat dish, this recipe isn't high in fat and the fat is unsaturated so it's good for you.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, low sodium, low sugar and a good source of protein.
- 2 x 120g salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sprinkle of sage, powderd
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 large zucchini sliced thick chunks (courgettes)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup cous cous
- 1 cup hot veg stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. red capsicum strips, from jar
- Ensure bones are removed in fish using tweezers. Layout the fish into a non metalic bowl and add orange juice, garlic, 1/2 lime juice, sprinkle powdered sage and season with S&P. Turn to coat and set aside in fridge until ready.
Pour couscous into bowl with hot veg stock and peas, season wiht S&P. Let sit for 10 mins, place cling wrap over bowl.
- Heat BBQ or griddle pan on med heat. While this is heating cut zucchini into thick chunks, place in bowl and drizzle a little olive oil then place on BBQ and cook for 2 mins each side, take off and set aside.
- Now carefully add salmon to BBQ with tongs. Cook for 4 mins each side or as you like.
- Whilst salmon is cooking, fluff couscous with fork, add capsicum and squeeze 1/2 lime juice, and mix.
- Divide couscous onto 2 plates and add zucchini and when salmon is cooked place on top of couscous.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2190 kJ||451 kJ|
|523 Cal||108 Cal|
|Protein||40.8 g||8.4 g|
|Fat, total||20.0 g||4.1 g|
|- Saturated||4.7 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||40.5 g||8.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.1 g||1.3 g|
|Sodium||124 mg||25 mg|