The chicken, vegetables and noodles combined makes for quite a substantial dish that keeps you feeling fuller for longer, thanks in part to the high level of protein.
At the recommended serving size, one serve of this recipe represents approximately 27% of the recommended daily energy intake of an average person.
- 1 Chicken Breast, no skin, diced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or Mirin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, light
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon chilli, chopped (we used from jar, crushed for convenience)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Packet Noodles, Singapore or Hokkien
- 1 Red Capsicum diced, (aka Sweet Pepper)
- 4 Spring Onions washed and chopped
- 1 carrot
- ½ head broccoli florets
- In a bowl place diced chicken breast with soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and rice wine vinegar, mix around and place in fridge until ready.
- Heat your cup of chicken stock.
- Place your noodles in a large bowl/dish and cover with hot water. Let sit, until they have separated.
- In a wok or large non stick frypan, heat the olive oil and stir fry the capsicum for 2 mins then place onto plate.
- Now place the hot stock in the wok with the carrot and broccoli and simmer for 4 mins. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Now with the chicken and marinade take out of fridge. Heat the wok, pour the sesame oil in and cook the chicken and marinade, keep stirring. You will need to cook this for around 4-5 mins.
- Once cooked add the vegetables, spring onion and capsicum back to the wok and incorporate.
- Drain the noodles and put in to the wok. Add the sesame seeds, drizzle a little more sesame oil, a little more soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve into 2 bowls, sprinkle additional sesame seeds over top.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2310 kJ||298 kJ|
|552 Cal||71 Cal|
|Protein||46.7 g||6.0 g|
|Fat, total||22.9 g||3.0 g|
|- Saturated||3.8 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||31.3 g||4.0 g|
|- Sugars||19.9 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||1310 mg||170 mg|