We have used wholemeal couscous which can be replaced with standard couscous or even wholemeal pasta if you prefer.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger crushed
- 1 tsp. each cumin, coriander, smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. chilli paste or sauce
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 6-8 prunes, dried, quartered
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, zest
- Squeeze of 1 lemon
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- Squeeze of 1 Orange
- 1.5 cups boiling water or hot vegetable stock
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker, mix so all incorporated.
- Place on high for 4 hours (or low for 8 hours).
- When ready place cous cous in a bowl, boil kettle and add 1.5 cups water. Season with S&P,squeeze 1 orange as well and mix with fork and cover for 10 mins. When water absorbed, fluff with fork.
- Option to serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or low fat natural yoghurt mixed with some mint.
Servings: 4 Serving size:735g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1580 kJ||215 kJ|
|377 Cal||51 Cal|
|Protein||16.2 g||2.2 g|
|Fat, total||4.4 g||0.6 g|
|- Saturated||0.7 g||0.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||57.7 g||7.8 g|
|- Sugars||19.6 g||2.7 g|
|Sodium||712 mg||97 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.