Thought you couldn't indulge in dishes like Spaghetti Carbonara on a weight loss diet? Think again!
If you and your family love pasta, this is sure to be a favourite. This recipe is low sugar, low saturated fat and high protein.
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 4 short cut bacon slices, removed of all fat
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup evaporative milk, light
- 1 chicken breast, no skin chopped
- 150g pasta, cooked
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Cracked pepper
- Cook pasta as per instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place a non stick fry-pan on medium heat, add a little of the olive oil and cook bacon until crispy. Set bacon aside then add a little more oil then cook on low heat the onion until soft (dont burn).Set this aside with the bacon.
- Add the rest of the olive oil , turn heat up to med and cook the chicken until ¾ cooked, around 4-5 mins depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Once this is done turn heat down slightly and add the onion, garilc and bacon to the chicken, add the garlic the evaporated milk and let all the flavours infuse. Season with pepper to taste.
- Once this is bubbling away, turn down heat to low and add the cooked pasta tossing around and when the liquid has reduced to a nice consistency, if too runny you can add some 1 tsp. cornflour mixed with water.
- Add spring onions then serve.
Servings: 2 Serving size:367g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2160 kJ||588 kJ|
|516 Cal||140 Cal|
|Protein||55.4 g||15.1 g|
|Fat, total||15.6 g||4.2 g|
|- Saturated||4.6 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||35.7 g||9.7 g|
|- Sugars||14.2 g||3.9 g|
|Sodium||485 mg||132 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.