This Spanish flavour and the nutrition of the dish make it a real winner, whether you're watching your weight or just want something that's healthy and tasty for dinner.
This recipe is low in saturated fat, sodium and sugar, and is a good source of protein.
- 1 large chicken breast (300g/10oz), skinless, cut into chunks
- ½ large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ Chorizo diced
- 1.5 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Sprinkle of oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ cup roasted red capsicum strips (we used jar)
- S+P for seasoning
- ¾ cup Arborio rice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven 190C (375F)
- In a non-stick frypan heat olive oil and sautéed onions for 5 mins. Add chorizo and sauté for a further 4-5 minutes. Add both Paprika, oregano and 3 cloves crushed garlic and cook on med heat a further 2 minutes, ensure you don’t burn garlic, turn heat down if too hot.
- Add rice, stirring and coating with onion mix for 1 minute. Add stock, butter beans, paprika, stirring. Turn off heat. Season with cracked pepper.
- Transfer to a small oven proof dish, squeeze lemon juice over rice. Cover dish with two lots of foil, tightly so steam won’t escape. Place in oven.
- Whilst rice is in oven, heat remaining oil in the frypan you used before and brown the chicken half way through, approx. 5 mins. Add remaining 2 cloves crushed garlic, continue stir frying for 1 minute then take off heat.
- Take out rice dish from oven, sprinkle peas, tomato on top, place chicken then spread the capsicum strips around dish. Cover tightly with foil and cook a further 15-20 mins, checking the rice if cooked.
- Serve with crusty bread and side salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2500 kJ||349 kJ|
|597 Cal||83 Cal|
|Protein||54.6 g||7.6 g|
|Fat, total||26.4 g||3.7 g|
|- Saturated||7.4 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||28.3 g||4.0 g|
|- Sugars||11.7 g||1.6 g|
|Sodium||374 mg||52 mg|