There are many versions of a Spanish Tortilla recipe, but unfortunately many involve loads of oil.
We have lightened this recipe up by using only a touch of olive oil and feel it is just as tasty as oil laden versions we've tried.
This dish can also be served cold and makes a great picnic lunch, or sliced into small portions and served as tapas.
- 1 med onion, finely diced
- 3 large potatoes, skin on use a light skinned potato
- 5 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon zest
- 6 capsicum strips from jar
- 1 tsp. capers, chopped
- S & P for seasoning
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Sprinkle of parsley
- Pierce potatoes with a skewer 4 times each. Microwave for 10 mins or until just starting to cook, test with skewer. You only want to pre-cook the potatoes. Take out and set aside to cool down.
- Slice potatoes thinly.
- Beat eggs.
- You will need an oven proof frypan. Pour the 2 tbsp. olive oil and place half the potatoes neatly flat in the pan. We used a med pan. Spread the onion capers, parsley, capsicum, lemon and anchovy mix over the potatoes. Season with S & P as desired.
- Now layout the next layer of potatoes on top. Pour over egg mix.
- On low heat cook on stove for 15 20 mins, covered with either lid or foil. Now preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a plate on top of pan and flip the tortilla then slide back into pan .so it cooks evenly.
- Place in oven for 10-15 mins more or until egg has set, uncovered.
- Turn out on plate, cut into wedges and serve with your favourite salad.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1160 kJ||389 kJ|
|277 Cal||93 Cal|
|Protein||16.0 g||5.4 g|
|Fat, total||7.0 g||2.4 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||33.7 g||11.3 g|
|- Sugars||5.2 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||150 mg||51 mg|