Instead of quinoa, you can use freekah, couscous, or even brown rice. You also have the option to add some feta to the salad if you like, or some fresh baby spinach leaves.
This recipe is low sodium, low sugar, low fat and high protein.
- 1 large chicken breast
- ½ cup quinoa, dried
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. season all
- ½ tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cumber, diced
- 70g green beans, halved
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1. Place your quinoa and water into a pot, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. You can use a microwave if you like, cook as per instructions on packet. Take off heat, fluff with fork and place into a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Include in the mixing bowl tomatoes, spring onion, cucumber and mix.
- 3. Heat a pot of water to blanch your beans. Simmer for 2 minutes then place into cold water for 1 minute and drain on a paper towel, then place into the mixing bowl.
- 4. Place your chilli, paprika, season all, pepper, into a bowl and mix. Cut your chicken into strips and place into your bowl and mix with seasoning until all the chicken has been coated. Drizzle over the olive oil and mix.
- 5. Heat a non-stick griddle pan and cook chicken.
- 6. In a small bowl mix your fresh lemon and orange juice, heat the honey in microwave for 20 seconds and mix with the juices. Mix in with the salad/quinoa. Place this onto your serving plates with the chicken on top.
Servings: 2 Serving size:484g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1870 kJ||388 kJ|
|447 Cal||93 Cal|
|Protein||44.8 g||9.3 g|
|Fat, total||9.4 g||2 g|
|- saturated||1.8 g||0.4 g|
|Carbohydrate||40 g||8.3 g|
|- sugars||15.5 g||3.2 g|
|Sodium||209 mg||43 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.