Sounds amazing doesn't it? Well it tastes amazing, and the chicken is very, very tender.
This is a very versatile recipe that can be served with a range of accompaniments, from mashed potato to atop your favourite salad.
- 2 chicken breasts, no skin
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 2 tsp. tomato pesto
- 6 sun dried tomato strips, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted capsicum strips, (we used from a jar)
- 10 basil leaves
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- S & P for seasoning
- 10 spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 180C (400F).
- Place chicken between plastic wrap and with a mullet or rolling pin beat until even and thin but not too thin so it starts to break. Should be easy enough to roll.
- In a small bowl combine the pesto, cottage cheese and then spread all over the chicken.
- Now layer the basil leaves on top, then the spinach leaves, 5 each chicken.
- Place chopped sundried tomato on top.
- Sprinkle paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken firmly into a roll, tuck in the edges.
- Using cooking string tie around the chicken to keep in place.
- Sprinkle a little more paprika and salt & pepper.
- Brush or spray the chicken with olive oil and in a med hot non-stick frypan sear all sides of the chicken, don’t burn, just brown.
- On a baking tray lined with baking paper place chicken, cover with foil and cook 20 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken. Take off foil and cook a further 5-10 minutes until cooked.
- Take out of oven, cut string and slice into thick pinwheels.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.
Servings: 2 Serving size:341g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2020 kJ||593 kJ|
|482 Cal||142 Cal|
|Protein||81.0 g||23.8 g|
|Fat, total||12.6 g||3.7 g|
|- Saturated||3.7 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||8.8 g||2.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.3 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||508 mg||149 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.