We marinated ours for 30 minutes but if you can leave for longer it will allow the flavours to penetrate through the chicken. These skewers (2 per person) are low carb, low fat, and high protein.
- 2 large chicken breasts (600g)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Thai Penang or red curry paste
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. crushed ginger
- 2 tbsp. mirin or rice wine
- Cooking spray
- 8 Skewers
- If using bamboo skewers soak them for at least 30 mins in water.
- In a large bowl or container place soy, sugar, paste, lime juice, garlic, ginger and mirin and mix until all incorporated.
- Cut your chicken into large chunks and place into mixing bowl with marinade. Mix well until chicken has all been coated, place in fridge for at least 30 mins longer if you can.
- When ready thread your chicken with the skewers, you should get 8 skewers.
- Spray BBQ or griddle pan, heat up on medium to high and cook, turning so they don’t burn.
- Serve on a platter with rice and vegetables.
Servings: 4 Serving size:187g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1170 kJ||624 kJ|
|279 Cal||149 Cal|
|Protein||45.5 g||24.3 g|
|Fat, total||4.3 g||2.3 g|
|- Saturated||1.3 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||13.4 g||7.2 g|
|- Sugars||11.4 g||6.1 g|
|Sodium||648 mg||346 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.