What more could you want from a healthy dinner recipe?
This recipe is low fat, low sugar, and a good source of protein.
- 1 large chicken breast, no skin, cut into chunks
- ½ large capsicums (red or yellow) sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, sliced finely
- 4 med button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. chilli, chopped fresh or crushed (suit to your heat level)
- 1 tsp. cornflour, mixed with ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup cooked rice
Liquids, mixed together
- 2 tbsp. mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce, salt reduced
- 2 tbsp. Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- Cook rice as per instructions.
- In a med large non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil and stir fry the onion for 5 mins or until gaining colour. Now add the capsicum, and keep stir frying for a further 5 mins and take off heat onto a plate, set aside.
- In the same pan, heat sesame oil (med-high heat) and cook chicken for 4 mins, doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through as it will cook in the liquid shortly.
- Whilst chicken is cooking, in a bowl mix together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, peanut butter red curry paste and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Now add mushrooms and chilli to pan with the chicken, cook for 3 mins. Add the cup of chicken stock. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Now add all the ingredients from the bowl to the pan, simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Add the mixed cornflour mixture to the pan, stir and should thicken.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Servings: 2 Serving size:617g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2410 kJ||391 kJ|
|576 Cal||93 Cal|
|Protein||54.4 g||8.8 g|
|Fat, total||17.0 g||2.8 g|
|- Saturated||3.7 g||0.6 g|
|Carbohydrate||44.0 g||7.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.2 g||3.8 g|
|Sodium||2280 mg||370 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.