We have used Kecup Manis, which is a sweet soy, however this can be substituted with soy and brown sugar. We have also kept the chilli levels down to just a mild intensity, but please increase to suit your person taste.
You should find fresh hokkien noodles in the chilled section of the supermarket, if not, use dried rice noodles.
- 200g beef, sliced into strips
- 200g Hokkien or Singapore Noodles, Fresh
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Splash of Soy Sauce
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ tsp. chilli sauce or paste (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- ½ tsp. chilli paste or sauce
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 2 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Kecup Manis (sweet soy)
- ½ crushed chilli
- 2 tbsp. sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp. Mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and pour boiling water over noodles and let sit for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a non-stick fry pan on med heat, and stir fry the red capsicum and broccoli for a couple of minutes. Add carrot stir for a minute and ¼ cup water. Add mushrooms, 1 clove garlic and ginger, stir and place a lid on to cook a further 2 minutes.
- Now add the noodles to the vegetables and also the spring onion and mix in and then pour the sauce over and stir so all incorporated.
- Meanwhile heat another frypan (small) with olive oil and quickly brown the beef for 1 minute then add the garlic, chilli and a splash of soy sauce, stir fry for 1 more minute until seared.
- Divide the noodles onto 2 plates and place beef on top.
- Serve with a quick squeeze of lime juice over the dish.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2200 kJ||440 kJ|
|525 Cal||105 Cal|
|Protein||43.7 g||8.8 g|
|Fat, total||11.6 g||2.3 g|
|- Saturated||2.4 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||55.5 g||11.1 g|
|- Sugars||34 g||6.8 g|
|Sodium||2230 mg||446 mg|