Finished off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and this is a dinner or lunch dish worthy of becoming a staple dish at your place, whether you're dieting or not.
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. dried herbs
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 x 425g can premium tuna (we used Serena Brand in oil) well drained
- 250g fresh baby spinach leaves, washed
- 3 cups passata
- 3 tbsp. cooking cream light
- ½ cup water (if needed)
- 1 tbsp. oil from drained tuna
- 1 large onion chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- S & P for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- On an oven tray line with baking paper and place the halved cherry tomatoes. Spray with a little olive oil spray, sprinkle with mixed dried herbs and season with salt and pepper. Cook in oven for 10 mins, take out and set aside.
- Cook penne pasta as per instructions.
- In a large non-stick fry pan heat oil and cook onions until softened. Add garlic, cook for another minute then add the passata. Add pepper, sugar and the rest of the dried herbs and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the spinach. It will seem like a lot but it will shrink to nothing. Add a lid to the frypan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Now add the fresh parsley and basil, season again with some more pepper, add water if necessary. Cook for another minute.
- Take off lid and add the cream, stir and then add tuna, break up with spoon and then add the cooked pasta. Mix until well incorporated.
- Once mixed, add tomatoes sprinkle parmesan cheese all over and serve with a side salad.
Servings: 4 Serving size:580g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1840 kJ||317 kJ|
|439 Cal||76 Cal|
|Protein||37.2 g||6.4 g|
|Fat, total||16.9 g||2.9 g|
|- Saturated||6.3 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||27 g||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.5 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||994 mg||171 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.