You can add additional vegetables to this dish if you like, such as broccoli, capsicum or peas. This recipe is low fat, low sugar, high protein and low sodium.
- 400g tuna, drained, (about 1½ large cans)
- 1½ cups dried small pasta shells
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 5 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 30g grated cheese, reduced fat
- 1 slice multigrain bread, processed into bread crumbs
- ½ cup corn kernels, frozen
- 20g butter
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook pasta shells, only ½ the time required, drain and set aside.
- In a pot, melt butter and on low heat saute onions for 5 minutes. Add the diced zucchini, cooking a further 5 mins. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- When vegetables half cooked, add garlic, Dijon mustard, flour and cook for 30 seconds whilst continuing to stir. Add a little water if sticking to the pot.
- Whilst this is cooking heat 2 cups milk in microwave for 2 minutes. Add this to the pot in stages as you stir. Then add the spinach, tuna, pasta, cheese and corn stirring until all incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in an oven proof dish.
- Place your multi-grain bread into a processor to make breadcrumbs. Option to add parsley if you like or herbs or even Parmesan cheese whilst blending the crumbs.
- Sprinkle over Mornay and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with 1 cup steamed vegetables or side salad per person.
Servings: 4 Serving size:447g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1770 kJ||396 kJ|
|423 Cal||95 Cal|
|Protein||42.0 g||9.4 g|
|Fat, total||11.3 g||2.5 g|
|- Saturated||6.0 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||34.7 g||7.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g||2.2 g|
|Sodium||530 mg||118 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.