This recipe is easy and quick to make and has a nice heat kick thanks to the chilli. For a little variety, or to make this recipe a vegetarian stir fry, simply omit the chicken.
This recipe is low sugar, low fat, high protein.
- Handful fresh chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup water
- 100g zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
- 120g carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- ½ large red capsicum, sliced
- 200g chicken breast, diced
- 1 tsp.. olive oil
- ½ pkt thick rice noddles,(100g) dried
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. ginger crushed & 1 tsp. chilli, crushed
- 1 tsp. fish sauce & 2 tsp. soy sauce light
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. mirin or rice wine
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce light
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- Boil full kettle of water. In a large bowl place the noodles and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the noodles). Drain noodles and set aside.
- Dice chicken, place in a large bowl and add the marinade above. Stir and place into fridge until ready.
- In a non-stick wok, heat oil and stir fry the capsicum for 2 minutes on high heat. Add the carrots and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the zucchini, and cook for another 2 minutes. Add a tablespoon of soy sauce and ½ teaspoon chilli.
- Add chicken to wok with all the marinade. Stir fry for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked. Add noodles to wok, add a little more soy and ½ cup water, and brown sugar mixed with orange juice. Mix until all incorporated. Add fresh lime juice, spring onions, coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Servings: 2 Serving size:507g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||1940 kJ||384 kJ|
|463 Cal||92 Cal|
|Protein||35.1 g||6.9 g|
|Fat, total||5.7 g||1.1 g|
|- saturated||1.4 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||59.1 g||11.7 g|
|- sugars||17.7 g||3.5 g|
|Sodium||1270 mg||250 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.