Mushrooms are one of nature's superfoods. They are low in calories, sugar and salt, fat free, cholesterol free, and are a valuable source of fibre. Mushrooms are also one of the few natural sources of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and teeth. These low fat cheesy stuffed mushrooms make a light and delicious entree or snack.
- 1/4 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 slice bread, multigrain
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, light
- 2 tbsp. ricotta, low fat
- 2 tbsp. tasty cheese, reduced fat
- 4 large portabollo or flat mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a frypan, drizzle a little olive oil and saute onion and capsicum until softened (around 5 mins). Set aside.
- Place your multigrain bread in a food processer and blend until crummy.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms.
- Peel off the outer layer of the mushrooms or wipe clean with a damp tea towel.
- Place each mushroom upside down on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the mixture in each mushroom, tightly packing it in.
- Cook for 20 mins, depending on oven.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||525 kJ||477 kJ|
|125 Cal||114 Cal|
|Protein||7.6 g||6.9 g|
|Fat, total||2.8 g||2.6 g|
|- Saturated||1.2 g||1.1 g|
|Carbohydrate||15.5 g||14.1 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g||2.6 g|
|Sodium||218 mg||198 mg|