We've used korma curry paste in this recipe, but any sort of curry paste can be added to the mix including rogan josh or tandoori. This very healthy dish is very very tasty and will impress even the fussiest dinner guest.
This recipe is low sugar, low saturated fat and low carb.
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 large potato
- 1/2 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. korma or indian curry paste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hummus and/or Roasted Capsicum Dip
- Strips of Roasted Capsicum from jar
- Pierce potato with skewer and place in microwave and cook for 3 mins approx until cooked through. Take out and let cool slightly then peel skin off and place in mixing bowl, mash slightly with fork.
- Dice pumpkin, place in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Take out and place in mixing bowl.
- Place drained lentils in the mixing bowl, 1 tbsp. flour and korma paste, and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine ensuring the lentils; potato and paste are well combined.
- Make lentil burgers into small burgers. Preheat medium non stick frying pan over medium heat, add burgers and cook approximately 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Place on plate and cook rest of batch, place small amount of hummus or capsicum dip on top of burger finishing with a small piece of roasted capsicum.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||256 kJ||441 kJ|
|61 Cal||105 Cal|
|Protein||2.2 g||3.7 g|
|Fat, total||2.4 g||4.1 g|
|- Saturated||0.4 g||0.7 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.9 g||11.9 g|
|- Sugars||1.2 g||2.0 g|
|Sodium||118 mg||203 mg|