If you don’t like the taste of raw garlic then roast bulbs in the oven with the sweet potato which will sweeten the cloves otherwise use powdered garlic.
If you don’t want to bake your potato then peel and cut then place in your steamer.
- 1 (400g) sweet potato
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g roasted cashews, chopped finely
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Fresh coriander to taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. maple syrup (golden or honey)
- 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven 200C.
- Pierce your potato with a skewer a few times and place on an oven proof tray lined with baking paper. Cook your sweet potato in the oven; this will take about 45 minutes – 1 hour depending on the size of the potato, don’t worry if the skin burns as you will only use the flesh. When ready take out and let cool slightly before you scoop out the potato.
- Place your potato, garlic, chickpeas, paprika, cumin, coriander, olive oil and lemon juice into processor and mix until all incorporated. Once mixed to the consistency you like add the maple syrup, yoghurt and season with salt and pepper, giving a quick burst to mix in. Stir in your chopped cashews.
- Garnish with a pinch of additional paprika then serve with pita bread, carrot sticks, celery sticks or corn chips.
Servings: 12 Serving size:60g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||333 kJ||555 kJ|
|80 Cal||133 Cal|
|Protein||2.5 g||4.1 g|
|Fat, total||3 g||5.1 g|
|- saturated||0.6 g||1 g|
|Carbohydrate||9.4 g||15.6 g|
|- sugars||3.1 g||5.2 g|
|Sodium||48 mg||80 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.