This white bean dip recipe is great for entertaining and is very versatile. For example, we've used it as the base for a puree in our Grilled Fish with Creamy Lemon & Basil Sauce Recipe.
For those who are very sodium conscious, look for cannelloni beans not packed in brine (the ones used in this recipe were). If you can't find them, you'll need to buy raw beans and prepare them yourself, which is quite a bit more effort.
- 1 (300g) can white beans (cannelloni beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Light Sour Cream (or low fat natural yoghurt)
- Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika
- S&P to taste
- Place rinsed white beans in a processer or you can use a stick blender in a container.
- Add garlic, sour cream, lemon and season with S&P.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste, add more lemon or garlic to taste. Once you are happy with it place in a small bowl, sprinkle a tiny bit of paprika on top and serve with crackers or carrots and celery sticks.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||235 kJ||412 kJ|
|56 Cal||98 Cal|
|Protein||3.3 g||5.8 g|
|Fat, total||1.0 g||1.8 g|
|- Saturated||0.5 g||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate||6.4 g||11.3 g|
|- Sugars||1.3 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||137 mg||240 mg|