Regardless of the pastry used, the filling in this pie is delicious. Although not low fat, this recipe is only 0.3g per 100g off being classified as low fat.
- 500g (17oz) Beef Mince
- 500g (15oz) or 12 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 sheets puff or short crust pastry reduced fat
- 1 cup favourite gravy mixture (we used smooth & rich, found in the international section, British)
- 4 tablespoons smokey BBQ sauce (we used 333 brand)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tin tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to season, around 1 teaspoon
- In a large pan or pot heat olive oil, med heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute then add the meat. Brown the meat, breaking it apart as you stir.
- After about 5 minutes add the Worcestershire sauce, thyme and season with the pepper. Now add in the red wine and cook until liquid has reduced.
- Now add in the stock and mushrooms and cook for another 5 mins. Tomato paste tomatoes, BBQ sauce and gravy can all be added now and turn down heat low and simmer for ½ hour.
- Once all cooked, there should be not too much liquid. Let mixture cool.
- Layout ½ your thawed pastry into 1 large pie dish (you won’t need all the pastry for 1 large dish) or 6 smaller pie dishes.
- Spoon mixture into dish and place pastry on top and pinch together the sides, brush the top with reduced fat milk. Another option is to eliminate the top pastry and put mashed potato on top.
- Cook in oven for 25 mins on 180c (360F), depending on oven.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and tomato relish.
Servings: 8 Serving size:560g
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2100 kJ||375 kJ|
|502 Cal||90 Cal|
|Protein||33.9 g||6.0 g|
|Fat, total||18.5 g||3.3 g|
|- Saturated||8.6 g||1.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||43 g||7.7 g|
|- Sugars||12.7 g||2.3 g|
|Sodium||517 mg||92 mg|
This ebook contains 20 of our favourite chicken recipes. These include Cartwheel of Chicken, Spanish Chicken, Dijon Chicken, Risotto, Butter Chicken, Creamy Chicken Pasta, Honey Chicken, Honey Citrus Salad, Chicken Broccoli Bake, & more.
This collection of drinks recipes ranges from smoothies to juices. Most of these include fruit so they are a great way to tick off your daily fruit intake. This ebook includes 11 delicious recipes which you can print or save to your tablet or computer.
This printable eBook has a variety of vegetarian recipes including Risotto, Chickpea Burger, Vegetarian Fried Rice, Sweet Potato Bake, Stuffed Tomatoes, Semolina Gnocchi, Frittata, Curry Puffs, Zucchini Bake, Moroccan Tagine.
This printable eBook has great muffin recipes which include Apple & Cinnamon, Chocolate & Banana, Banana Almond & Cinnamon, Peach & Blueberry, Pear & Raspberry, Peach & Fig Baby Cakes, Gluten Free Choc Pear, & Banana & Sultana.
The Stir Frys in this printable eBook include Beef & Vegetable, Sesame Chicken, Beef Chow Mein, Chinese Orange Pork Stir Fry, Thai Chilli Beef, Vietnamese Pork Stir Fry, Beef & Blackbean, Ginger Chicken, Thai Chilli Pork, Vietnamese Chicken Stir Fry.
Winter time all you want is comfort food. These 10 recipes will satisfy your craving for warm filling dinners without the guilt. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
If you are not on a carb free diet then this is perfect. Pastas are great to cook after work as they can incorporate vegetables and meat as a tasty, easy to make dish. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.
In this ebook there are breakfasts featuring plenty of fruit and vegetables, as well as dairy, and meat, so there's sure to be something for everyone. This PDF can be printed or saved to your tablet or computer.