Despite making the coleslaw with 20g of regular mayonnaise, this recipe is only 0.3g per 100g off being classified as low fat.
The portion sizes of this recipe are generous and make this recipe a perfect dinner recipe as well as a substantial lunch.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, no skin.
- Plain Flour, in a bowl, approx. 1 cup
- 1 egg, in a bowl, mixed with fork, 2 tablespoons water, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 cups Breadcrumbs, in a bowl, mixed with herbs and pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 spring onions diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (we used Thommy Brand)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lite sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven 190C Fan Forced
Set up the following three bowls:
Bowl 1: Plain flour, season with salt and pepper (S&P)
Bowl 2: 1 egg Mix in water, add garlic powder (or crushed garlic)
Bowl 3: Breadcrumbs, Italian herbs and S&P
- Flatten the thick part of your chicken breast in between cling film and gently bang with wooden roller or mullet.
- Now dip each breast, 1 at a time into flour, shake excess off then into egg wash, then crumb with the breadcrumbs, set aside on a plate.
- Grab a baking tray, line with baking paper, spray each side of the breast with canola cooking spray. Cook for 10 mins, then pull out tray and turn over and cook a further 10 mins. If you press the thickest part of the breast and it is firm it should be cooked.
- Plate up with coleslaw and lemon wedge.
|Average Serve||Average 100g|
|Energy||2430 kJ||478 kJ|
|580 Cal||114 Cal|
|Protein||83.4 g||16.4 g|
|Fat, total||16.8 g||3.3 g|
|- Saturated||3.9 g||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate||19.9 g||3.9 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g||1.8 g|
|Sodium||384 mg||75 mg|